First European fully online veterinary journal
Third issue of EJCAP: out now!
October 2012 – The third online version of European Journal of Companion Animal Practitioners (EJCAP) is available now. It contains the usual CPD articles from all corners of Europe, as well as slideshows, quizzes, interviews and other extras.
This issue includes reports from the FECAVA symposium on animal-assisted interventions (AAI), with exclusive interviews with the three keynote speakers, discussion the “healing power” of animals and the positive impact of pets in institutions.
It also features several interactive CPD articles, including:
– Endoscopic findings in regurgitating French Bulldogs
– Diagnostic imaging of Dachshunds with disc extrusion
– Follow-up of dogs passing out for various reasons
– Risk factors for feline idiopathic cystitis
– Nationwide ISO quality management in Danish veterinary practices
The issue also contains the book reviews, global and European updates and an article on a Paralympic veterinary champion.
FECAVA is grateful to its Prime Partners MSD Animal Health, Hills Pet Nutrition and Elanco Animal Health for their support of EJCAP online.
After 21 years of bringing veterinary continuing education in print to companion animal practitioners throughout Europe, the EJCAP has now become fully interactive. As the official journal of the Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Associations (FECAVA), it is exclusively available to FECAVA members.
Registration is easy: interested practitioners should simply go to EJCAP online (www.fecava.org/ejcap) and follow the instructions. Once registered and logged in, all EJCAP online and previous print volumes of EJCAP (available in pdf) can be accessed directly.
The new FECAVA website (www.fecava.org) also contains information about FECAVA and its contact persons, a blog, policy statements and a calendar of events.
Notes for Editors
• The Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Associations (FECAVA) is the platform to promote the professional development and representation of companion animal veterinarians in Europe. Founded in 1990, it currently has 38 national member associations and 13 associate member associations. FECAVA represents over 30,000 companion animal practitioners throughout Europe.
• Prime partners of EJCAP online are Hill’s Pet Nutrition, MSD Animal Health and Elanco.
• For further information, please contact EJCAP online coordinator Karin de Lange (email@example.com)