First European fully online veterinary journal
EJCAP online: Special issue on diagnostic imaging
December 2012 – The first Special issue of the online European Journal of Companion Animal Practitioners (EJCAP) is available now. The issue is dedicated to diagnostic imaging, which lends itself particularly well to online learning.
In the issue, several top European experts on diagnostic imaging present their ‘tips and tricks’ on radiographic, arthroscopic and ultrasound examination of selected joints and abdominal organs. It also provides an insight into the newer tools of CT and MRI to show how these can help to diagnose some more elusive conditions.
Like the first issues, it comes with all the advantages of rich media. Test your knowledge, watch the ‘how to’ videos, the interactive slideshows and the dynamic CT scans.
– Elbow dysplasia: arthroscopy vs. radiography (Henri van Bree)
– Diagnostic imaging of the pancreas (Pete Mantis)
– Radiology in pulmonary disease (John Graham)
– Radiographic scoring of elbow dysplasia (Bernd Tellhelm)
– Imaging of the urinary tract (Frances Barr)
– Diagnostic imaging of the liver and biliary system (Federica Rossi)
– MRI and CT in companion animal practice (Ingrid Gielen)
The issue also features book reviews, global and European updates and FECAVA news, with the new poster on the prevention of antibiotic resistance, and a video message from the Russian FECAVA Director Ilya Serada.
Finally, we’ve introduced a new section that will highlight one of the FECAVA member countries. This time, the focus is on Spain, with a short documentary of a veterinary practice in Barcelona, and interviews with colleagues from Spain.
The EJCAP is the first fully online veterinary journal. As the official organ of the Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Associations (FECAVA), it is exclusively available to FECAVA members. Registration is easy: interested practitioners should simply go to EJCAP online (www.fecava.org/ejcap) and follow the instructions. Once registered and logged in, all EJCAP online and previous print volumes of EJCAP (available in pdf) can be accessed directly.
FECAVA is grateful to its Prime Partners MSD Animal Health, Hills Pet Nutrition and Elanco Animal Health for their support of EJCAP online.
Notes for Editors
• The Federation of European Companion Animal Veterinary Associations (FECAVA) is the platform to promote the professional development and representation of companion animal veterinarians in Europe. Founded in 1990, it currently has 38 national member associations and 13 associate member associations. FECAVA represents over 30,000 companion animal practitioners throughout Europe.
• Prime partners of EJCAP online are Hill’s Pet Nutrition, MSD Animal Health and Elanco.
• For further information, please contact EJCAP online coordinator Karin de Lange (email@example.com)